Are you a second-time mom? Here’s why should you consider using baby wipes this time around.
My world took a spin when I became a mom for the second time. My experience as a mother with my first child was no less than a breeze and I hoped for the same this time around too.
With my first born, I had all the time in the world. Being a first-time mom back then, I did everything for her that a mother can possibly imagine doing for her kid to make sure that she stays healthy and happy.
Well, as they say, if you become too happy about something then you might end up jinxing it. And that’s exactly happened the second time around.
Well, let me describe my situation in five words – a toddler and an infant. Go bonkers!!
Second time around was a different experience for me altogether. I had to manage a nursery going toddler and an infant at the same time.
I was really crunched on time since both the kids needed an equal amount of time and attention. In order to strike a balance, I had to be fairly fast at every task at hand.
For example, I had no time to soak and wash the cloth nappies, cloth diapers and cloth wipes. The second time around, it was becoming more than I could handle.
I was using diapers from day 1. However, I decided to make the switch to baby wipes much later.
Switching to baby wipes gave me a massive relief from the poop clean-a-thon by speeding up the whole process.
Second Time Mom Advice
So, take this advice from a second-time mom and consider the following reasons to switch to baby wipes this time around:
- It will make you faster and you don’t have to worry about cleaning the cloth wipes.
- Baby wipes come handy at every baby mess situation hence, reducing your laundry pile.
- Imagine how much time you will be saving by using a baby wipe as a face towel, a hand towel and for cleaning your baby.
- You can use them for both of your kids. So, you don’t have to worry about carrying a bunch of washcloths or hand towels.
Which Type of Baby Wipes to Choose
Choose those baby wipes that have:
- Soft fabric – The soft fabric won’t rash or irritate the baby’s gentle skin. It won’t leave any redness or wipe marks on the skin.
- Natural ingredients – Natural ingredients won’t harm the baby’s soft and sensitive skin.
- Negligent or no harmful chemicals – Harmful chemicals and preservatives in the baby wipes can result in skin redness or rashes. Always choose the wipes that are hypoallergenic and don’t contain chemicals like parabens, phthalates or sulphates.
- No/mild fragrance – Fragrances are add-on chemicals in any skin care products. Any sort of baby product should have no or very mild fragrance.
There are baby wipes now available in the market that use biodegradable and eco-friendly material like bamboo and cotton to make the fabric of the wipe.
Brands like Mother Sparsh makes wipes that are India’s first water-based wet wipes made with natural plant fibre and contain 98% water.
A few months ago, I also took the Mother Sparsh Wet Wipes Flame Test to verify the claims made by them. This Flame Test is done to differentiate between Mother Sparsh wet wipes with other brands.
In the test, the ordinary wipe left a residue of the texture and odour that resembled molten plastic similar to any synthetic fabric; whereas, Mother Sparsh wipes burnt without any odour and left no residue, just like any cotton fabric. The test proved that the ordinary wipes are harmful and Mother Sparsh wipes are safe. Watch the video:
View this post on Instagram
Mother Sparsh wet wipes are safe to use and can be used for infants too. The wipes are:
|Clinically proven to prevent diaper rashes|
|Made from Viscose which is 100% plant-based fabric giving it a velvet soft touch|
|No harsh chemicals|
|The wipes are fully-biodegradable|
|Wipes contain Organic Aloe Vera|
I have been using Mother Sparsh wet wipes regularly for some time now and I am a satisfied mother. They are available on all major e-commerce websites and their own website too.
Have you used wet wipes for your kids? What do you look for when you choose a baby wipes for your children?
Like what you read? Pin it! Share it!
Disclaimer: This blog is sponsored by Mother Sparsh – India’s First water wipes Brand, however, my views and opinions are not influenced by the brand by any means. I was provided with a sample of the product for testing beforehand by the brand for reviewing. This is my personal experience and opinion. Use your own discretion before making any purchase decision.