Sebamed Anti-Hairloss Shampoo is a soap and alkali free shampoo meant for all hair types. It claims to reduce hair loss by stimulating the scalp with NHE formula that activates blood circulation that promotes hair growth.
The second main ingredient — Caffeine gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream. It has the ability to interact with hair follicles by guiding their behaviour and regulating hair growth. A study published in the “International Journal of Dermatology” in 2007 found that the presence of caffeine stimulated laboratory-cultured hair follicles, increasing hair growth. As a result, caffeine might help to restore hair growth or prevent abnormal hair loss.
The third main ingredient — Ginko Bilboa (Balkuwari in Hindi) is known for its antioxidant and circulatory properties. It has also been found effective in Alopecia.
5.5 pH makes it skin friendly and nonallergic.
- The liquid inside is colourless. The fragrance of the shampoo is very mild – almost like lime.
- Being a mild shampoo, it doesn’t make lather like other shampoos. Therefore, a considerable amount has to be taken or a repeat wash is required.
- The 200ml bottle may not last longer than 2-3 weeks.
- It did not make my scalp itchy or dry, but it dried my hair completely. So, I had to follow-up with conditioning.
- There was no hair fall after the wash.
- Despite being mild, it’s a great cleanser and did not leave my scalp or hair sticky or oily.
- MRP: Rs.1500 for 200ml. It’s definitely steep and likely to burn a deep hole in the pocket.
- It’s recommended to be used continuously for several months for visible results. However, the price makes it unaffordable and impossible to use continuously for months’ altogether.
PrettyMumma’s verdict: A gentle and mild shampoo which showed the result in the first wash. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a solution for your hair loss woes.
This post has an honest review which, in no way, has been sponsored by the brand. PR samples, but opinions are my own.